Secrets of Egypt & the Nile
Escorted by Ann-Marie Gaudet
September 16, 2022
11 Nights : 3 Nights Cairo Pre-Cruise, 7-Night Nile Cruise, 1 Night Cairo Post-Cruise
Cruising on board the luxurious AmaDahlia
C$8,141 per person*
*Per person based on double occupancy in an entry level stateroom, and subject to availability at time of booking. Intra-Egypt flight (Cairo to Luxor, return ) is an extra C$512 per person. See stateroom pricing and also terms & conditions.
|Stateroom||Price per person*|
|CB, French Balcony||$8,141|
|SA, French & Outside Balcony|$9,856 Sold Out
|MS, Suite|$10,120 Sold Out
|GS, Deluxe Suite|$10,911 Sold Out
*All pricing is per person in CAD, based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Port fees & taxes included.
Intra air from Cairo to Luxor & return is additional to cruise fare, It is $512 per person.
The optional excursion to the Abu Simbel Temples (requiring air) is extra: $416 per person. Note: this excursion must be pre-booked.
A deposit of $1500 per person is required to book, 50% of which is non-refundable.
Final payment date: June 11, 2022.
|1||Cairo||Arrival. An Amawaterways representative will help with customs & immigration and arrange a drive to your hotel.|
|2||Cairo||Visit to Egyptian Museum with lunch at Naguib Mahfouz. Tour El-Moez street and the Alabastar Mosque|
|3||Cairo||Tour Memphis, then onto the Great Sphinx & Giza pyramids. See the restored Khofu solar boat. Dine at Mena House.|
|4||Luxor||Fly to Luxor and board the AmaDahlia; Explore the Temple of Luxor & its treasures; enjoy watching traditional belly dancing back onboard.|
|5||Luxor||Visit the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens, each with its own tombs ( exclusive access to Nefertari’s Tomb). See the Colossi of Memnon up close.|
|6||Edfu||Discover the temples of Edfu before sailing onto Aswan. Enjoy a traditional Galabeya party on board in the evening.|
|7||Aswan||Your choice of free time in Aswan or exploring the Abu Simbel Temples vis flight to Lake Nassar. Exclusive visit to Nubian village vis felucca, a traditional sail boat. Lunch at the village. Evening concludes with optional sound & light show at Philae temple.|
|8||Aswan||Visit the Aswan High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk, and Philae Temple. Cruise to the Great Temple of Kom Ombo. Afternoon scenic sail to Esna.|
|9||Esna||After spending the night here, cruise back to Luxor where you visit the Temple of Karnak.|
|10||Luxor||Sail to Qena to visit the Great temple of Abydos of Seti I, then to Dendara and the Temple of Hathor. Return to Luxor.|
|11||Cairo||Disembarkation & flight to Cairo. Exclusive tour of the Abdeen presidential palace & lunch there. Explore old Cairo city.|
Itinerary subject to change.
Download a more detailed itinerary here (also includes details on optional pre-cruise Jordan and post-cruise Jerusalem land extensions).
Escorted Jordan, Pre-Cruise (Optional)
Ann-Marie will also be escorted the 4-night visit to Jordan prior to the start of the Nile cruise on Sept. 16th.
Pricing for this extension is C$2,981 per person and includes the intra-air.
|1||Amman||Arrival, clear customs, & stay at the St. Regis Amman|
|2||Amman||Jerash visit , lunch at the Kan Zaman Castle, Qalaat al Rabad castle|
|3||Madaba & Petra||Visit Madaba “city of Mosaics”, Mt. Nebo, tour Petra, stay at the Old Village Hotel & resort near Wadi Musa|
|4||Petra||Explore Petra with the Siq, theater, courts Qasr Pharoun, Temple of the Winged Lion & more|
|5||Petra||Wadi Rum “Valley of the Moon”,jeep tour at Lawrence (of Arabia) Springs. Fly to Cairo.|
Since you would already be in the area, ask us about these other great land extensions that can be added to your Egypt river cruise & tour:
- 3 nights pre-cruise in Dubai with city tour, desert safri & BBQ dinner, and full day in Abu Dhabi
- 4 nights post-cruise in Israel with city tours of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem with visits to Bethlehem, Walled City, King David’s Tomb, Masada & more
- or combine the 3 night pre-cruise of Dubai with the 4 night post-cruise in Israel
- or combine the 4 night pre-cruise of Jordan with the 4 night post-cruise in Israel
Included in Cairo (Pre-Cruise, 3 Nights):
- Arrival airport transfer
- 3 nights at the 5-star Four Seasons Cairo at the First Residence in a Superior Room, including daily breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Welcome Reception with tapas and drinks
- Full-day Cairo tour with visit to the Egyptian Museum, home to King Tut’s treasures, lunch at the famous Naguib Mahfouz Restaurant in Khan El Khalili Bazaar and visits to Citadel of Salah Ed-Din and Alabaster Mosque
- Visit the ancient sites of Memphis, including the Pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx and the Solar Boat Museum and lunch at the historic Mena House Hote
Included on your AmaDahlia Nile River Cruise (7 Nights):
- elegantly appointed accommodations
- Fine dining with a variety of choices, including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Wine, beer and soft drinks included during lunch and dinner
- Sip & Sail cocktail hour
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, Captain’s Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- Nightly entertainment including a belly dance show, Galabeya Party and Darawish Show
- A variety of small group guided shore excursions
- Exclusive visits to the Tomb of Queen Nefertari and a Nubian Village
- Fitness room, sun-deck pool, hair and nail salon and massage room
Included in Cairo (Post-cruise, 1 Night):
- One night at the 5-star Four Seasons Cairo at the First Residence in a Superior Room with breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Exclusive private tour of the Abdeen Presidential Palace with special farewell lunch at the palace
- Visits to the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Departure airport transfer